More Practice questions with answers

A dedicated forum to help people when working through the book "Learn to Write DAX"
Fowmy

More Practice questions with answers

Postby Fowmy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:36 pm

Hi !

I just completed the book and it was awesome !

I was able get a good grounding on DAX and it was the doorway for a long BI journey.

Thanks Mat!

My question is where I can find more resources of DAX practice questions with answers to improve on what I have learnt.

Thanks
Fowmy

PhilC

Re: More Practice questions with answers

Postby PhilC » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:44 am

Great work getting through the book and wanting to learn more.

There are a host of sources of DAX / Power Pivot / Power BI online, Google will help you locate them.

One such site is SQLBI, it has a site DAX Patterns section that provides DAX measures to solve real needs. Check it out at http://www.daxpatterns.com/ You should be able to follow along with the formulas and results using Adventure Works.

My suggestion would be to get a dataset or two from at your company to play with, or if not possible, locate free datasets that are relevant to your area of work/study and build some insights with those. Real life data will challenge and help you to learn, and the solutions you develop may givce you an opportunity to showcase your new skills within the organisation.

If you are not working, perhaps target a company you are interested in and approach them to do a project for them with their information, might provide benefits on both sides.

Cheers
Phil

Return to “Help with the Book "Learn to Write DAX"”