Running Total In a Power BI table

Used for anything related to the new Power BI Desktop and Service tools
Mhodges720

Running Total In a Power BI table

Postby Mhodges720 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:07 am

I am trying to put a table together in Power BI that I was easily able to do in Power Pivot and can't figure out how to do it.

The table I need to create has 3 columns: Date (year/month), total units shipped to date (running total) and total returned for the period. I can get the totals by date for both shipments and returns, but not the running total on the ship data.

I was able to get the running shipment total in Power Pivot using the "Show Values As" option in the Pivot table as "Running Total In...". Is there a way to do this in Power BI?

Thanks!

PhilC

Re: Running Total In a Power BI table

Postby PhilC » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:59 pm

Based on the way you have described Show Values As you are not using PowerPivot, but normal Pivot table functionality.

If you post an example file here people might be able to assist to develop the measures you need. Pretty sure you will also need a Calendar table to enable the running total, so perhaps look to add that in advance.

Cheers
Phil

Mhodges720

Re: Running Total In a Power BI table

Postby Mhodges720 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:28 am

Here is the file I have been working on. I am able to do get the running total of shipments in a pivot table, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this in Power BI (see Sheet1).
Attachments
Return Rate Calculation - debug.xlsx
Sample of file I'm trying to build.
(885.27 KiB) Downloaded 28 times

Return to “Power BI Desktop/Service”