Project Status as of latest date

Anything related to PowerPivot and DAX Formuale
masterelaichi

Project Status as of latest date

Postby masterelaichi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:30 pm

Hi,

I am trying to create a project status dashboard in Power BI. I am trying to display (using the card visualisation) the status of a project as of the most recent date (the specific column is "Finances as At). The dashboard shows the progress of a project over time, with chanigng budgets, completion percentage etc

A snapshot of my data is as below

Data As At, Actual Cost to Date, Over-all status, Cost, Time Frame Cost Quality
23/07/2017 $5000 R A R G
23/06/2017 $4000 A A G G
23/05/2017 $3000 G G G G

R, G, and A are project statuses with precedence order R>A>G

I want to display the latest overall staus of the project as of the most recent "Data as At" date in the dataset. Any tips?

P.S- How do I create a table while posting? I think I have seen some of those in this forum

AndVGri

Re: Project Status as of latest date

Postby AndVGri » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:25 pm

Hi
How do I create a table while posting? I think I have seen some of those in this forum

You can upload your example file instead. Please, click an "Attachments" tab under a post editor and drag and drop your file.
Regards,

masterelaichi

Postby masterelaichi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:18 pm

I think I have found a solution (would probably call it a fluke!). I knew I had to use values() and hasonevalue() function. This is what I wrote

...and

Will test it for different cases to be sure if it works...

masterelaichi

Postby masterelaichi » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:49 am

So I thought I would try my hand at Dax Variables. Using this as a test, I modifed the code to include variables. The code below returns a blank when I add it to my card visualisation but it seems to display it correctly only when I use a table to display the project name and the overall status

I can't understand what is going wrong. However, if I don't use variable and instead use the code the overallstatus within the Calculate() function, it seems to be working fine

Would really appreciate if someone can provide some help with this

Thanks!

PhilC

Postby PhilC » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:32 pm

The code for the Variable measure does not align with the code for the 2 measure approach, using different tables and fields (see Date comparison at end of second measure).

Could this be the reason?

Return to “PowerPivot/DAX”