Issue with Data Model

Anything related to PowerPivot and DAX Formuale
qwert

Issue with Data Model

Postby qwert » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:10 pm

Hi,

I was trying to append 30tables into one table. 30 tables only loaded to connection only while the appended table was loaded to data model. Everything was doing fine while performing query. It started to go wrong when i try to refresh the data.
Error message shows "An issue with the Data Model is preventing Microsoft Excel from opening this workbook. Try restarting Microsoft Excel."
I've tried restarting the Excel, but still the same. I have tried to load all the 30 tables to data model still remain the same. I have to redo the task everytime this error message occurred. How can I solve this problem?

MattAllington

Re: Issue with Data Model

Postby MattAllington » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:15 pm

Matt Allington is Self Service BI Consultant, Trainer and Author of the book "Supercharge Power BI".
[URL=https://exceleratorbi.com.au/power-bi-online-training/]Power BI Online Training[/URL]

qwert

Postby qwert » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:20 pm

Hi Matt,

I've tried the three method, but all didn't work out for me.

MattAllington

Postby MattAllington » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:58 am

Are you using 32 or 64 bit office? You could try Power BI 64 bit and see if that helps. Sorry, I can’t think of anything else.
Matt Allington is Self Service BI Consultant, Trainer and Author of the book "Supercharge Power BI".
[URL=https://exceleratorbi.com.au/power-bi-online-training/]Power BI Online Training[/URL]

andredl

Postby andredl » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:17 am

I run into this sort of problem from time to time, the only solution I have found to work, is to have multiple backup copies, so that when your file becomes corrupted, you have a previous version to rely on.

You could also try re-building the model in a new workbook, copying the M-code from all your queries across, if you are still able to open the affected workbook.

Andre

qwert

Postby qwert » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:20 pm

@Matt, I'm using a 64-bit office.

@andredl, I do save a copy, but the problem is I can't perform data update. It will corrupt everytime i refresh the data... so frustrated.

andredl

Postby andredl » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:49 pm

It might help to isolate the problem in terms of where it exists, i.e. the workbook itself, or your installation of Office. Try running the workbook on a different computer that supports Power Pivot/PQ, and if it still fails, it's probably a workbook problem. If it doesn't, it might help to do a complete cleanup and reinstall of Office, provided your hardware is up to the job at hand.

qwert

Postby qwert » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:20 pm

@andre, you are right, it does work at other computer. Thank you for your advice. Will have my Office reinstall.

Return to “PowerPivot/DAX”