#1 Complex Powerpivot requirement

Anything related to PowerPivot and DAX Formuale
_google

#1 Complex Powerpivot requirement

Postby _google » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:39 am

Hi PowerPivot experts

Finally i got right forum for Powerpivot.

I am struggling for last couple weeks to build Powerpivot model for data source which runs in thousand of rows and multiple columns

This time uploading - [https://1drv.ms/x/s!ArfkmPx6DIXHb7V-LkDjU1I4sjY] ( also as backup attached file )with raw data tables with report output sample ( calculation done for couple of KPI) using my current standard nested sumifs formulas

Looks like DAX and PowerPivot is tough thus if some one can help to build data model and demonstrate the calculation for the attached file will be great help to understand where in my files i have gone wrong.

with intent attaching non powerpivot( with data model file ) as believe it easy do it afresh then correct some one errors

many thanks in advance for help!
Attachments
Powerpivot_Dax_Book3.xlsx
raw data with sumif formula
(14.82 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

RamanaV

Re: #1 Complex Powerpivot requirement

Postby RamanaV » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:34 am

Yes, I agree that you came to the right forum for your queries on power pivot or power bi.

And, most importantly, you can learn power pivot only by learning how to write DAX formulas.

I suggest you attend Matt Allington's online training "Supercharge Power BI", wherein he explains how to write DAX in both Excel and Power BI. The DAX knowledge is transferable between the two. This is a guided training to learn DAX in 5 weeks with live Q&A sessions with Matt Allington.

I had learnt DAX thoroughly from Matt Allington's books and his trainings.

Thanks

_google

Re: #1 Complex Powerpivot requirement

Postby _google » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:41 pm

Thanks mate RamanaV, is possible to give view on the excel file attached and data model it need to have to arrive desired output.

Return to “PowerPivot/DAX”