Need Help for DAX using SSAS tabular model

Anything related to PowerPivot and DAX Formuale
Sivasuba1

Need Help for DAX using SSAS tabular model

Postby Sivasuba1 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:05 pm

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and trying to work how to resolve a requirement using DAX in PBI. We are using SSAS tabular model.

Business came up with a requirement :- In the 1 M products list - we want to know the Total revenue of 5 products only and then for those five products we need to get the list of Sales document associated with those products. After getting those sales document, we need to use those filtered documents to explode all the products associated with those specific sales documents filtered.

Currently we are creating Total revenue for those 5 products as a separate measure and then drive based on sales document filtered based on those 5 products. Where it gets complicated is trying to workout the product level revenue as it messes up with the filters. Any suggestions please?

Thanks,
Abs

MattAllington

Re: Need Help for DAX using SSAS tabular model

Postby MattAllington » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:16 am

Take a look at this. I will blog about this next week.

Edit:  I have now written the blog post – you can read it here https://exceleratorbi.com.au/show-all-i ... s-product/

invoices with products.xlsx
(215.27 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Matt Allington is Self Service BI Consultant, Trainer and Author of the Book "Supercharge Power BI".
Power BI Training

Return to “PowerPivot/DAX”