Comparison between Power BI and Tableau software

Used for anything related to the new Power BI Desktop and Service tools
Bilo

Comparison between Power BI and Tableau software

Postby Bilo » Sun May 12, 2019 3:01 am

Hi,

Does anyone have a video or document that compares Power BI and Tableau software ?

Thank you in advance for your help

Sincerely

PhilC

Re: Comparison between Power BI and Tableau software

Postby PhilC » Sun May 12, 2019 9:29 pm

A Google search will provide lots of comparisons, though check the date as things change over time.

Here is one :
https://youtu.be/FoqSPCtj7zo

Cheers
Phil

Bilo

Postby Bilo » Mon May 13, 2019 4:22 am

Hi Phil,

Thank you for this link,

You're right, there are many videos on google or YouTube,
I knew this video, it's actually the kind of video I was looking for.
I thought, maybe there are still other interesting websites to operate.

But this video responds to my request

Have a good day

AdrianG001

Postby AdrianG001 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:57 pm

Both of these tools have this secret sauce

Overview - Power BI uses Microsoft systems like Azure , SQL and Excel to build data visualizations which is good for those users who are already using Microsoft products while Tableau specializes in making beautiful visualizations and more focussed on corporate environments with data engineers and bigger budgets.

Price - Power BI sits at a lesser price than tableau having a free Power BI desktop application where you can build reports/dashboards, Power BI service on monthly subscription and premium version with high price while Tableau price is very high. You only get a 14 days free trial to use Tableau desktop application and then you need to pay after trial is over which is very high as comapred with Power BI.
Setup - Power BI has fairly easy to use, and you can quickly connect existing spreadsheets, data sources, and apps via built-in connections and APIs. Tableau lets you set up your initial instance through the free trial, which gives you full access to the parts of the tool.

Extras- One of the coolest features included in Power BI is the natural language query tool. This is like Google for your data. You can literally ask questions of the data like “how much do we invest in each customer? while Tableau also has extensive support tools that teach you everything from the basics of setting up the software through initial data analysis. You can access and manipulate data via the mobile app, and whole teams can collaborate around shared dashboards.

When comparing Microsoft Power BI vs. Tableau, you really have to think about who will be using these tools.Power BI wins for ease of use, but Tableau wins in speed and capabilities.

Return to “Power BI Desktop/Service”