Database load fails

This is a dedicated forum for people that have questions about the book Supercharge Power BI. In the event of errors in the book, the error information will be in this forum.
DAXman

Database load fails

Postby DAXman » Wed May 22, 2019 4:50 am

I have 64bit Office & Access (16.0.11601.20184 64bit), and my Power BI is also 64bit (2.69.5467.1751 64-bit). I still get that error message about missing Database engine.

"
Details: "Microsoft Access: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read 'AdventureWorks_Learn_To_Write_DAX.accdb'.
"

Do I still need to install that 2010-engine? And if I do install it, is it sure I don't run some other problems having multiple engines installed to my PC.

I am able to load that database to access, and tried to save it in newer format, but I still get same error.

What should I do to get database loaded to my Power BI?

MattAllington

Re: Database load fails

Postby MattAllington » Wed May 29, 2019 8:06 pm

Sorry, I missed this before. Have you resolved the issue? You have 2 choices. You can read my article here, or you can try to load the data from the excel file provided in the download.

https://exceleratorbi.com.au/64-bit-pow ... ce-can-do/
Matt Allington is Self Service BI Consultant, Trainer and Author of the Book "Supercharge Power BI".
Power BI Training

Return to “Help with the Book "Supercharge Power BI"”