Transform and applied steps in Power Pivot for Excel

Anything related to PowerPivot and DAX Formuale
atitarev

Transform and applied steps in Power Pivot for Excel

Postby atitarev » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:23 am

Hello,

This is my first post. I am new to Power BI and even "newer" to Power Pivot for Excel
We need to convert some Power BI report to Excel. The source is Analysis Services cube.

I had no issue connecting and doing some work but I can't see the applied steps and "Transform" on the Power Pivot ribbon.

Most importantly, I need to use the pivot/unpivot functions and "append" queries (which is easily available in in Power BI).

I thought it had to do with the type of connection. I have tried connecting to an SQL database and got the same result. If you're familiar with Power BI, then you'll know that in the "Edit query", you can get click on "Advanced Editor" and get the complete "M language" code and I've seen people copying this code into Excel. I can't even get to that functionality in Power Pivot.

My Excel version is MS Office 365 ProPlus.

Your advice will be appreciated.

PhilC

Re: Transform and applied steps in Power Pivot for Excel

Postby PhilC » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:13 pm

Hi,

It sounds like you are going into Power Pivot in Excel and then connecting to your data.

Start in Power Query (Data > Get & Transform menu in Excel), ie using Power Query to connect to your data sources, then under Close and Load, use the drop down and Load to Data Model, not a Table.

Cheers
Phil

atitarev

Re: Transform and applied steps in Power Pivot for Excel

Postby atitarev » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:55 am

Hi PhilC,

Sorry for the long silence - I went for a long holiday overseas.

The ribbon Power Query is not available in office 365 and can't be added. I can't Get & Transform.

Return to “PowerPivot/DAX”