power Query Premierleague.com

mickyflash1982

power Query Premierleague.com

Postby mickyflash1982 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:25 pm

Hello. I am a football Stats man, and I have been trying to run a PowerQuery using my very limited knowledge with even more limited success!

For example on this page : https://www.premierleague.com/stats/...s/goals?se=210 I am looking for this information here:

It is struggling to find any tables and when it does it will only pull up the 20 rows showing on the page, and I am looking for the information from all the pages using the Next page delimiter OR gives me the top all time scorers rather than this current season.

PremierLeague.com have an array of information available and I would like to gather all of these stats in my spreadsheet so I can analyse performance

I am well out of my depth and this community has been very helpful in the past so I wonder if anyone can help?

mickyflash1982

Re: power Query Premierleague.com

Postby mickyflash1982 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:09 am

UPDATE:

OK, I can work around recieving the all time data rather than the current season. Ive managed to find tables for all of the stats. My biggest issue is only loading the 20 rows shown on the page rather than the full results.

the next page icon highlighted above does not change the url, is there any way round this? help would be graetly appreciated

MattAllington

Postby MattAllington » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:53 am

The link you posted doesn't work. Can you post the link you are using?
Matt Allington is Self Service BI Consultant, Trainer and Author of the Book "Supercharge Power BI".
Power BI Training

mickyflash1982

Postby mickyflash1982 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:25 pm

mickyflash1982

Postby mickyflash1982 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:26 pm

MattAllington

Postby MattAllington » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:18 am

OK. I don't know of any way to solve this problem with Power Query. The website seems to be using javascript to send a query to their DB and return the data into the page. This is not something that Power Query can do unfortunately.
Matt Allington is Self Service BI Consultant, Trainer and Author of the Book "Supercharge Power BI".
Power BI Training

Return to “Power Query”